Trove public tags
Harvested: 6 July 2022
This dataset contains details of 2,201,090 unique public tags added to 9,370,614 resources in Trove between August 2008 and July 2022. It is saved as a CSV file with the following columns:
||lower-cased text tag|
||date the tag was added|
||API zone containing the tagged resource|
||the identifier of the tagged resource|
record_id you can find more information about a tagged item. To create urls to the resources in Trove:
- for resources in the 'book', 'article', 'picture', 'music', 'map', and 'collection' zones add the
- for resources in the 'newspaper' and 'gazette' zones add the
- for resources in the 'list' zone add the
- Works (such as books) in Trove can have tags attached at either work or version level. This dataset aggregates all tags at the work level, removing any duplicates.
- A single resource in Trove can appear in multiple zones – for example, a book that includes maps and illustrations might appear in the 'book', 'picture', and 'map' zones. This means that some of the tags will essentially be duplicates – harvested from different zones, but relating to the same resource. Depending on your needs, you might want to remove these duplicates.
- While most of the tags were added by Trove users, more than 500,000 tags were added by Trove itself in November 2009. I think these tags were automatically generated from related Wikipedia pages. Depending on your needs, you might want to exclude these by limiting the date range or zones.
- User content added to Trove, including tags, is available for reuse under a CC-BY-NC licence.
Sherratt, Tim. (2022). Public tags added to resources in Trove, 2008 to 2022 (version v1.1). Zenodo. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.6814722